Why work at TidalHealth?
Looking for a rewarding place to work? Choose TidalHealth. U.S. News & World Report, a global authority in hospital rankings and consumer advice, has named TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke as 2022-2023 High Performing hospitals for 11 challenging and elective health conditions; the highest award a hospital can earn for U.S. News’ Best Hospitals Procedures & Conditions ratings. Located just 30 minutes from the beach, TidalHealth offers the widest array of specialty and subspecialty services such as neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, emergency/trauma care, comprehensive cancer care, wound care and clinical trials and research. Take advantage of our tuition assistance and scholarship programs to grow both personally and professionally.
EP Supervisor Position Summary
A registered nurse or technologist who is responsible for the management of the EP Labs and supervision of personnel assigned to that unit. Responsible for meeting the Heart Rhythm Society practice guidelines. Also responsible for management of human, fiscal, and other resources, development of personnel, and compliance with regulatory and professional standards. The inventory, distribution/inventory of medications may be required.
EP Supervisor Position Requirements
- Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland as an RN or RT and AART as applicable
- NASPE certification preferred.
- At least three years as a staff member in the EP Lab. ACLS certification required.
- Must maintain BLS and ACLS competency every two years.
- ACLS must be an American Heart Association (AHA) issued certification.
- Acts as a mediator in conflict situations.
- Often works under pressure of time and accuracy in organizing and accomplishing work
- Prioritizes accomplishment of goals, objectives and ideas to meet the changing needs of the EP department.
- Anticipates problems and proceeds with resolution in an organized, effective manner
- Often works with grieved, despondent, and mentally disturbed patients
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, oral and written.
- Readily assumes additional responsibilities
- Performs most duties without supervision. Consults with EP Lab Director as needed.
Responsibilities for Assets
- Responsible and accountable for all supplies and equipment used on unit.
- Responsible for numerous expensive and complex instruments such as X-Ray Equipment, EP Med System, 3D Mapping system, Ablation Generators IV pumps, vacuum and oxygen regulators, Bovies and computer equipment.
- Has understanding of proper working order of equipment and responsible for maintenance.
- Monitors budgetary expenditures with a yearly supply budget of over 11 million dollars.
- Assures proper patient charges and billing to include staying current with CMS and HSCRC coding and billing guidelines. Works with the finance department to ensure all revenue is captured.
Contact with Others
- Frequent contact with public and families requiring effective communication skills.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with all hospital departments.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship interdepartmentally.
- Works effectively with Medical Staff.
EP Supervisor Work Schedule
- Works primarily day shift hours.
- Work additional hours, evening or night shift, holiday or weekends, on occasion, to meet unit needs.
- Expected to respond to any crisis, i.e., snow, hurricane, disaster, high census, etc.
EP Supervisor Benefits
- At TidalHealth, team members working at least 36 hours per pay period based on 12-hour shift schedules or at least 37.5 hours for non 12-hour shift schedules and part-time team members working at least 30 hours or more on weekends only are eligible for benefits.
- Benefits include medical, prescription, vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance plans, life insurance, paid time off plans, retirement plans, tuition assistance, employee assistance, and access to on-site childcare and a credit union.