At Kaiser Permanente, our focus on total health allows us to work as one. As one team driven by talented, passionate health care professionals. One community focused on making healthy choices. One organization using the latest innovations and most advanced care to serve 12.5 million people across the country. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in each member’s mind, body, and spirit, join us at the heart of health care.
Assistant Manager Ambulatory Care Department RN, Cardiac Cath Lab
Assists in managing a single department or multiple small departments providing ambulatory patient care services by supervising daily operations and patient care activities. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost-effective care and patient focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Implements and supervises the maintenance of clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Assists in integrating services/operations with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with business, departmental and organizational goals/objectives.
· Supervises daily operations and service delivery.
· Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, federal, state and local requirements.
· Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
· Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
· Recommends, implements and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
· Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations.
· Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
· Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train and maintain the competency of all department staff.
· Assists in providing on going staff development.
· Supervises the implementation of policies and procedures which support the goals and business objectives of the organization and department.
· Collaborates with physicians, department chief, and nursing manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to day operations of the department.
· Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
· Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other relevant clinical experience required.
· Minimum two (2) years in a healthcare leadership capacity
· Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
· High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
· Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
· Basic Life Support required at hire
· Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local state, federal regulations.
· Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
· Cardiac Cath Lab or Electrophysiology procedure experience required.
· Cath Lab Experience required.
· Must be able to take call and flexible hours to cover departmental needs
· Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1221825.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers