Join Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas as a Cath Lab Registered Nurse and be part of something better!
Cath Lab Registered Nurse
Our Cath Lab is a fast-paced environment that includes high acuity patients. Are you looking to increase your knowledge base? Our Cath Lab leadership team fosters an environment that supports learning, mentoring, and building every team member.
Cath Lab RN BHVH
· Status: Full Time
· Shift: 10 Hour Days
· Experience Required: Minimum 1+ year(s) of Cardiovascular Acute Care RN. (CV PCU, CV IMC, Cardiac ICU or CVICU-Full Time) Preferred additional experience working in Cath and/or EP lab.
· Patient Population: Adult Cardiology, Electrophysiology and Vascular patients.
· Patient Ratios: Cath/RP team comprised of RN’s and Rad Techs working in 3-4 person teams to manage procedural patient care, collaborating with other RN's, providers and anesthesia providers.
· Number of Beds: 5 total invasive cardiology labs, including 2 electrophysiology labs.
Department Specifics: The BHVH Cath/EP Lab, working in conjunction with Baylor All Saints, is the only hospital in Tarrant count providing a full spectrum of Cardiology services, including LVAD, ECMO, E-CPR, TAVR, MitraClip and advanced heart failure programs. Over 1800 invasive cardiology procedures per year and over 800 electrophysiology and cardiac implantations per year. We cross-train staff members to be proficient in multiple roles in the Cath/EP Lab.
Baylor Scott & White Heart and Vascular Hospital (BHVH) is a nationally recognized destination hospital for heart and vascular care in North Texas as well as much of the surrounding region. BHVH was founded in 2002 and was the first North Texas hospital dedicated solely to the care and treatment of heart and vascular disease. The number of lifesaving and life-changing procedures offered has continued to increase since that time.
Stretching over three counties, the hospital provides care to over 40,000 heart and vascular patients per year*. Among the many awards and recognitions, Newsweek has ranked BHVH, together with Baylor University Medical Center, as one of the top 50 hospitals for heart care, and we have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for excellent care across multiple service lines. With a strong focus on patient safety, BHVH has received its fourth consecutive Patient Safety Excellence award from Healthgrades and has earned an “A” grade for Patient Safety from the Leapfrog Group for 7 consecutive years and in 2021 won the Guardian of Excellence® for Patient Experience from Press Ganey® Associates, Inc. in HCAHPS for reaching the 95th percentile nationally.
BHVH also achieved its fourth consecutive accreditation in the Magnet recognition program by the American Nurse credentialing Center (ANCC). The Magnet Recognition Program designates organizations worldwide where nursing leaders successfully align their nursing strategic goals to improve the organization’s patient outcomes. The Magnet Recognition Program provides a roadmap to nursing excellence, which benefits the whole of an organization. To nurses, Magnet Recognition means education and development through every career stage, which leads to greater autonomy at the bedside. To patients, it means the very best care, delivered by nurses who are supported to be the very best that they can be.
We welcome applicants who will serve faithfully, act honestly, never settle, and recognize that we are in it together to deliver world-class heart and vascular care. For more information about Baylor Scott & White Heart and Vascular Hospital, visit BSWHealth.com/HeartDFW.
*fiscal year 2021 data
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute, you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
· Competitive pay including an RN Bonus Program rewarding nurses for providing exceptional care and improving patient outcomes.
· Attractive Relocation Assistance for full-time candidates.
· Excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) program with company match, vacation and paid time off (PTO), tuition assistance, immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy. (Note: benefits may vary based on position type and/or level).
· A strong shared governance model featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses and improve patient outcomes.
· Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
· A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
· A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes Evidence-based practice, research and innovations in nursing practice.
· A healthy work environment and culture of safety using inter-professional collaboration and professional competencies to meet the needs of patients to provide safe passage and quality outcomes at every encounter.
Baylor Scott & White Health is the most awarded system in Texas, and a Certified Great Place to Work! Consider a career move to Baylor University Medical Center and join our exceptional nursing team committed to something better.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
EDUCATION - Grad of Accred Prog or Eqival
MAJOR - Nursing
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Basic Life Support (BLS) Registered Nurse (RN)
ACLS (ACLS): Must have both Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire.
EXPERIENCE - Minimum 1+ year(s) of Cardiovascular Acute Care RN. (CV PCU, CV IMC, Cardiac ICU or CVICU-Full Time) Preferred additional experience working in Cath and/or EP lab.